1.19.2018

Choo Choo Charlie's Two!

Our sweet Charlie bear turned two years old. TWO! We can't believe it,

My big-hearted baby boy is growing up so fast. In some ways, it breaks my heart to see him grow and change; but what a privilege it is to see his little personality blossom, to learn about the things he loves, and to watch him take in the world in a brand new way.

One thing Charlie is most passionate about is trains (or "choo choos" as he calls them). To celebrate his second birthday, we threw a small train-themed birthday party for our little conductor to celebrate with our families and a few close friends! Here are a few snapshots of his special day:


Even though he was way to busy to smile for a picture, he definitely loved his cupcake!



The dessert table had several delicious treats, including cupcakes that my mom and I made and iced ourselves. At the last minute I convinced my mom to help me make mini strawberry cheesecakes for the and they turned out delicious! So easy to do and definitely a hit. Two words: JELLO cheesecake. Yum! :)


The train cookies turned out so festive and cute! I didn't get to try one, but my best friend's five year old son told me they were scrumptious ;)



Eddie made this adorable train out of cardboard and covered with colored paper. It was such a hit with the kiddos and Charlie LOVED it! We used white balloons for the "steam."


I kept the centerpieces for the guest tables pretty simple with fresh eucalyptus, lantern, and picture of Charlie by our local caboose. My sweet friend Kingsley took a few pictures of him by a local train and they ended up being so good!


The kiddos got their own conductor hat and wooden train whistle to take home (both were a huge hit), and they decorated wooden trains during the party.


I used Charlie's copy of The Little Engine That Could as the guestbook, and I absolutely love all the sweet wishes that people wrote! It's such a special thing to see now when we are reading the book! :)


I didn't get a picture of the food table, but my sweet mom and mother-in-law helped me with the delicious southern lunch for everyone :) Anyone who knows me knows I should probably stick to the decorating instead of the cooking ;)


One of my favorite things about motherhood is when this little boy surprises me. I didn't think to practice with him what to do with his birthday cake, but he surprised me by blowing out the candles all by himself!

A few more of my favorite shots from the day:


Happy Birthday, Charlie! You've made the last two years total magic. You are loved SO much.
keep in touch!

1 comment :