11.13.2013

A Carolina Homecoming!

Every fall when Carolina homecoming weekend rolls around, we get pretty excited to reunite with dear friends, head to Kenan Stadium, and cheer on our Tar Heels! Being back on campus always makes me reminisce over great memories, and also makes me thankful for where life has taken me since my days as an undergrad at UNC. Eddie and I met the summer before our senior year at UNC and I love that we both share a love for all things Carolina :)

This year for homecoming, we did something a little different to accommodate all the sweet little babies new to our group. I was excited to host everyone at our house and couldn't resist putting together a Tar Heel themed dessert table for everyone to enjoy throughout the game! 


My best friend Ashley came the night before to help with all the goodies and we had a blast baking and laughing in the kitchen until well past our bed time.

White chocolate dipped pretzels are always a favorite and they are one of my go-to party foods because they are both easy to make and so delicious! We used white candy quick (generic brand on sale) and blue candy melts (from Michaels with a coupon) to make the festive designs.


 Using the same melting chocolate, we also made delicious (and very nutritious...wink wink) chocolate covered marshmallows.


The caramel popcorn was a huge hit and was so simple to make. It didn't turn out as "blue" as I was planning, but the deliciousness definitely made up for it! :) I used this recipe for the caramel topping, and substituted white sugar for the brown sugar. I also added a little blue food coloring to the caramel right before pouring it on the popcorn. I think this took about 5 short minutes to make...so simple and everyone loved it!


Festive blue sprinkles added some sparkle to mini vanilla cupcakes and sugar cookies, and we also made supreme bars since they are my hubby's favorite.


I love how everything came together!


I also made a centerpiece for the dining room table using a few UNC items and frames. I kept all the decor to the center of the table so that folks could still use this space to sit and eat their lunch.



Hands down, the best part of the day was catching up with friends while cheering on our Tar Heels. We were also able to meet sweet baby Beckett for the first time! :)



To top off a great day, we won the game :) We are already looking forward to Homecoming 2014! Go Heels! :)
keep in touch!

No comments :

Post a Comment